Our membership is officially OPEN and today is the day where you can become a Yellow Collective member! We open up just four times a year, so this is a pretty special time. The Yellow Collective launched at our 2016 conference in August, and we are constantly working on making it better and better, learning a ton along the way.
The purpose of The Yellow Collective is to help creative women become agents of good.
We want to help you bring more purpose into your everyday life. To help you learn how to use your gifts, skills, and talents to serve the greater good. To connect you to a community of women who are working towards the same things.
Every Yellow Collective member receives…\ • A quarterly package with some goodies delivered to your door.\ • Digital resources to help you stay inspired and grow in your entrepreneurial journey.\ • A community of supportive, purpose driven women.
To get a deeper look into each aspect of the membership, continue reading!
1. THE EMPOWERMENT BOX
Each quarter we have a theme - you may have seen us post about it on our blog. The exciting thing about these themes is that we don’t stop at the blog - they play a huge part in the Collective- aaand the EMPOWERMENT BOX. The box is filled with goodies centered around this theme.
Each box comes with..\ • A quarterly periodical filled with articles highlighting members living purposeful lives.\ • A book to read together with the other collective ladies.\ • An 8.5 x 11 print designed around the theme.\ • A set of 3 postcards, 2 for you and 1 with the address of another member. The idea here is to write a note of encouragement to another member!
To get a real feel for them, here are a few photos from our members who have posted about their boxes when they arrive:
@stefaniebalesfineart - “_Do you know what I look forward to every couple of months? This happy yellow box arriving at my doorstep. If you are a fellow female creative and/or small business owner and you aren’t familiar with the Yellow Collective, you should be! I’ve also been waiting until it was official, but I’m super excited to announce that I’m the new San Diego co-leader :)”\ _\
@rachelfelous - “_Came back from my trip to Denver to find this gem waiting for me… thanks @yellowconference for featuring my zero waste story in this quarter’s periodical! So honored and proud to be part of this amazing group of women <3”\ _\
@carolinakormanphoto -_ “Happy Thursday! So many beautiful things in the new @yellowconference @theyellowcollective #empowerement box. The next series theme is #Wander. To quote #yellowcollective #EditorialDirector @hanna.snyder “…No matter our age or conditions, we all find ourselves lost in places we have yet to walk through.” So this next series will explore just that: “…The in-between of trying to make it possible to leave your day job for your #passionproject. The search of not yet knowing your individual calling to make an impact…” The box includes pretty postcards, @ravenandlily #fairtrade #handmade journal (#empowering women in North India), @austinkleon’s book #steallikeanartist, the yellow collective periodical, #bamboopens & a lovely quote in print. Looking forward to the yellow collective May gathering ? Wishing everyone a blissful day ?”_
We love seeing these boxes bring extra joy and empowerment to the lives of so many of our members. The box is a small portion of the larger community and membership. If you are interested in purchasing JUST a box, head to our shop!
2. THE DIGITAL RESOURCES
Just like the boxes, these digital resources are centered around our theme for the quarter. Our goal is to have everything connected and cohesive! The Digital Resources consist of…
**• An exclusive Yellow Conference ticket price & perks **\ Every member has access to an exclusive Yellow Conference ticket price and access to perks and special members only events at our conference happening August 24th and 25th. Tickets are on sale now.
• A 15 - 20 page workbook centered around the theme\ This is meant to help you dive into your self development. We recommend printing it out, pouring yourself a hot cup of coffee, and heading to a quite place with just your workbook and a pen. It’s like a date with yourself and your development! If you’d like to see a sample few pages from a past workbook, feel free to download our free sample.
• A monthly “webcast” interview\ We love chatting with other purposeful creatives who are doing rad things in the world. Once a month we interview them live, so our members can chime in and be part of the interview. They’re always a blast, super causal, and filled with real talk.
• The “community challenge”\ We host a quarterly community challenge centered around our theme. This is to encourage our members to get out and DO, and to hold each other accountable! Helping you step out and step into being more of the person you were created to be. Members post about their challenge in our private Facebook group and Slack channel.
• Free access to our Yellow Conference speaker videos\ Yellow Collective members get access to the Yellow Conference speaker sessions (which are SO GOOD). Past and present for free, an $87 value!
PLUS…\ • Vault of past quarter’s videos, e-courses, and worksheets\ • Weekly emails filled with thoughts, take away tips, and information\ • Exclusive bonus material and other online seminars throughout the quarter
Which brings us to…
3. THE COMMUNITY
Our desire with Yellow is to provide women with a safe and genuine community. A place where they feel seen, heard, and can completely be who they are. Bringing the messiness, weirdness, the complicatedness (is that a word?), the badassery, the strengths, the hardships and everything in between. Embraced with no judgement, just love.
The coolest part is, once these women have been given the space to be who they were created to be, become inspired, and made new friendships, it’s THEN that they can then go out into the world, TAKE ACTION, and DO GOOD.
The community consists of…
• Monthly Gatherings: If you are in an area with a local chapter (OR if you get 5 or more people to sign up in your town) you’ll be able to attend our monthly in person gatherings (see below for current chapters!). This is a place where our members get to connect with each other on a local level. We have monthly discussion topics and a standard way of running our gatherings to make sure everyone is able to get to know each other and connect on a deeper level!
Our current chapters are:\ Orange County • West LA • DTLA • San Diego • Oakland, CA • Chicago, IL • Austin, TX • Nashville, TX • New York, NY • Washington DC • Tulsa, OK • Cincinnati, OH • Raleigh, NC • Denver, CO
If you don’t see your city here, get 5 or more people to sign up in your local area and we will start an in person chapter there! If you aren’t able to do that, we have monthly digital gatherings for our members outside our chapter areas.
• 24/7 Slack Channel and Private Facebook group\ Our Slack channel is a great way for our members to connect with each other nationally. Every week we host Slack chats online, centered around a theme for that week. Our Facebook group is a new addition to the membership this quarter! We plan on hosting Facebook Live events, posting photos from our various chapter gatherings, and other fun ways to keep up with other members from all over the country.
• Book Club\ Remember me mentioning the book that comes in the box? It’s an awesome feeling to know that members from all over the country are joining together to reading the book!
• Encouragement Pals\ We include a postcard in the Empowerment Box addressed to another woman in the community, so if everyone sends a note, all community members will receive postcards to and from each other!
• Community Challenge\ As we mentioned previously, we will be hosting a community challenge every quarter. The idea is that the members hold each other accountable to accomplishing the challenge, because challenges are always better when we do them together, right?
PLUS…\ • Weekly Slack Chats\ • Various online community convos
Our hope is that those of you who have a desire to work towards something bigger than yourselves, spread goodness throughout the world, and live with purpose will join us this quarter.
[CLICK HERE TO BECOME A MEMBER
](https://yellowco.myshopify.com/collections/the-yellow-collective)\ If you have any specific questions about the membership, please shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Joanna Waterfall, Founder of Yellow Co.